Terms and conditions
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, we guarantee that, for each calendar month during the Guarantee Period when your car meets all of the conditions set out below, your gross income will be at least $500.
If it is less than $500, then we will pay you the difference (up to a maximum of $1,500 per car and 1 car per member).
You will need to pay the Instant Keys sharing plan fee ($19/month) and any running costs for your vehicle (including fuel) out of your gross income.
The Guarantee Period commences on 8 August 2022 and ends on 31 December 2022.
This guarantee is available only to people who have not previously listed a car on Car Next Door, and for cars that have not previously been listed on Car Next Door. It is available for the first 300 cars in Victoria that are listed using the promotional code “EARNIT”, and first 300 cars in South Australia that are listed using the promotional code “EARN”, during the Promotion Period.
Offer instructions and conditions
- To be considered for the Income Guarantee, individuals must:
a. Visit www.carnextdoor.com.au (“the Website”) or the Car Next Door App; and follow the prompts to list a car between 12:01 AM August 8 2022 and 11:59 PM September 24 2022 AEST (the ‘Promotion Period’).
b. Enter a promotional code when submitting the listing: ‘EARNIT’ for cars listed in Victoria and ‘EARN’ for cars listed in South Australia
c. Not have listed a car on the Car Next Door platform previously (where ‘listed’ means that the car was available for bookings)
- To be eligible for the Income Guarantee, a car must:
a. Not have been listed on the Car Next Door platform before
b. Be registered, roadworthy and well-maintained, and meet Car Next Door’s car eligibility criteria
c. Be manufactured no earlier than 2007
It must also, during the Guarantee Period:
d. Use an Instant Keys kit, allowing members to pick up and return keys from an electronic lockbox. Instant Keys sharing plans start from $19 per month
e. Be available for bookings for the full day on at least 4 weekend days and at least 12 weekdays each calendar month
f. Have the minimum driver age set to 21
g. Receive at least one completed booking each calendar month
h. Maintain an owner cancellation rate below 10% for the calendar month
i. Be made available (in the homezone, with the lockbox and key accessible) for every booking
j. Not be delisted during the Guarantee Period
- Individuals must also comply with their obligations under the Owner Supplement, act in good faith and not do anything that is intended to, or likely to have the effect of, reducing their car’s bookings (for example, but not limited to, asking borrowers to cancel a booking or intentionally making it difficult for borrowers to access or enjoy the use of the car).
General terms and conditions
- The Instructions on how to claim and Conditions set out above form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The start and end date of the Promotion, and the limit of the number of available redemptions, are set out in the Instructions.
- To submit a claim, individuals must during the Promotional Period:
a. visit www.carnextdoor.com.au (“the Website”) or the Car Next Door App;
b. follow the prompts to apply to become a member (if they are not already a member);
c. complete a credit check and verification;
d. if prompted, insert the code provided in the Instructions.
- To be eligible to receive the bonus income individuals must: (a) complete their application to share their car in accordance with clause 2 of the Member Agreement before the expiry of the Promotional Period; (b) have their application accepted by the Promoter; (b) make their car available for bookings; (d) meet the Promoter’s car and member eligibility criteria; and (e) meet any additional eligibility criteria set out in the Instructions.
- Individuals acknowledge and agree that when signing up, they may be offered a sharing plan that incurs a monthly membership fee. Eligibility may require a Member to list their car with a specific sharing plan, and may require that the car not be de-listed within a certain period, as set out in the Instructions..
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All successful claimants will receive the credit on their Car Next Door member account. The credit will be applied on the first invoice that is issued after the claimant lists their car on the platform and the guarantee conditions have been satisfied. The credit will be set off against any sharing plan fee and any other amounts owing for that invoice period. (Note that on the date that a car is first made available for bookings, the claimant will be charged a pro-rata membership fee covering the remaining days of the month. )
- Rewards, or any unused portion of a reward, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
- The Promoter is Car Next Door Australia Pty Ltd of Level 30, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 ABN 531 6359 6530. Contact Car Next Door.