For each car that you have listed, you'll get messages from Car Next Door. The more cars you have listed, the more communications you'll get.
If you'd like to keep the volume of messages down:
- update your notification preferences so you only get the messages you're interested in
- set email filters to file emails that you want to get, but don't need to read immediately
- use the Help Centre, instead of your email inbox, to view and respond to your support tickets
For each car that you have listed, by default you will get messages:
When you list the car
- when your car's technology installation is booked, changed and completed
- when your car is live
These contain important information, so it's best not to unsubscribe or filter these out.
Each time your car gets a booking
- when a booking has been made, changed, cancelled or completed
- when you need to leave a review, and when your car has received a review
👉 Set your notification preferences
Choose which messages you want to receive, and where you’d prefer to receive them, by toggling your notification preferences.
You can't currently set different notification preferences for different cars, or opt out of updates about reviews.
👉 Set up email filters
If you'd like to get the emails but keep them out of your main inbox, set up filters to direct them to a separate folder:
- filter on the subject line keywords 'booked' or 'booking' and sender 'email@example.com' to filter the booking notifications
- filter on the subject line keyword 'review' and sender 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to filter the review notifications
When our team needs to help you with your car
When a support ticket is created, updated or solved for your car, you'll get an email. The messages will also be available in the Help Centre, which you can reach from the 'Help' menu when you're logged in to your Car Next Door account. Most Owners find it easier to read and reply there instead of from their email inbox.
👉 See: Stay up to date with support requests using the Help Centre
When our system notices an issue with your car
If your car's battery is losing voltage, or if it is out of its homezone without a booking, our system will send you an SMS. These are important for your car's maintenance and security, so you can't opt out of these.
When we have news or updates to share with you
From time to time you'll also be told about changes to the way the system works, changes to the member agreements, a monthly newsletter, and tips to help you manage your car. These are sent about once a month on average.
👉 You can unsubscribe from these updates by setting your notification preferences.