Renting out a car using Car Next Door's platform doesn’t take too much time, so can provide a great return on investment. It's not a 'set and forget' passive income though - you'll need to put in a couple of hours a week to managing one or two cars, and more if you scale up. Developing relationships with a reliable mobile mechanic and mobile car cleaner will reduce your effort and allow you to scale your enterprise.
You’ll need to:
- Check on your cars at least once every 10 days (ideally by visiting them, but at minimum through checking the photos that borrowers upload)
- Check for questions and messages from your Borrowers and be responsive - though ensuring that your car's profile, description and instructions are accurate and clear will mean that they rarely need to contact you
- Check reviews and borrower feedback to ensure that there are no issues with your cars - and respond promptly if there are
- Report any issues to us as soon as possible using the Help Centre
- Keep your cars serviced and maintained regularly (you can find a mobile mechanic to do this)
- Keep them reasonably clean (to save time, use a mobile cleaner - try the scheduled cleaning service for Car Next Door members if you're in one of the service areas)