You can reduce your Damage and Loss Liability to $500 by paying an extra fee to upgrade to Premium Protection for each trip. You can add Premium Protection when you book or any time before your trip starts. To add Premium Protection after you've booked your trip, select the relevant trip from the Trips page on the website (not app).
Adding Premium Protection when you book
When booking a trip, you'll be given the option to add Premium Protection for an extra $1.50 an hour or $18 a day before you click 'Book now' or on the trip confirmation page.
Adding Premium Protection after you book
You can add Premium Protection any time before your trip starts through the website or app. You can't add Premium Protection after you start the steps to pick up the car.
- Log in to the website and go to the Trips page
- Click 'Trip details' on the relevant upcoming trip
- Select to add Premium Protection and click 'Add cover'
- Your card will be charged and the Premium Protection added to your trip
- Go to 'Trips' and select the relevant trip
- Tap 'Upgrade your Protection'
- Tap 'Add cover'