You are responsible for any damage or loss that happens to the car from the time you pick it up until the time you drop it back and end your trip, even if it's not your fault. You are also responsible if you damage a third party's car.
- Damage that is no-one's fault, such as a branch falling on the car.
- Damage caused by an unidentified person, for example if someone scratches the car while it is parked or does a hit-and-run.
- Damage by a third party, if we can't get them to pay. If you get the details of the person at fault and our insurer can get them to pay for repairs, then you won't need to pay anything. We may charge you your DCL so we can get the repairs started for the Owner, and we'll refund it once we've recovered the cost of the repairs from the third party or their insurer.
- Damage caused by someone else driving the car during your trip. If someone else drives the car during your trip, and they are not a member of Car Next Door, then there is no insurance cover and you will be responsible for the full costs of any loss or damage.
- Damage to someone else's property - e.g. if you are involved in an accident where you are at fault and you damage a third party's car.
- Damage where you did not take clear photos at the start and end or your trip and upload or email them to us within 48 hours - if damage is reported, we will check the photos that have been uploaded by Borrowers who drove in the past 42 days. If you have not uploaded or emailed to us (within 48 hours of the trip ending) photos to show that the damage was either there when you picked it up, or was not there at the time you left the car, then you will be held responsible.
A separate DCL applies for each incident - so in the unlikely event that you were to damage a car at several different times during your trip, you would need to pay a DCL for each of those damage events.