If you notice any new damage on your car, take photos and report the damage to us. We'll investigate and arrange to get your car repaired if necessary.
Note: This information is for Owners reporting damage to their cars. If you're a Borrower needing to report damage that happened during your trip, read this article.
If you find new damage after checking your car, determine if it's:
- damage that needs to be repaired rather than wear and tear
- damage that occurred while your car was covered by our insurance (this will depend on your sharing plan)
If it's damage that should be repaired under our insurance (or you're not sure), take clear photos of the damage and report it to us:
- Report new damage through the Help Centre, along with photos of the damage and any other information you have (e.g. when you think it occurred and when you discovered it)
- Once we receive the information from you, we will let you know the next steps
Please report each incident of damage as a separate report.
If the damage means the car is not roadworthy or can't be driven
- Block out your car indefinitely so a Borrower can't book it. You can remove or edit the blockout later if need be.
- Contact any upcoming Borrowers to let them know the car isn't available. Let them know that they can book another car and that they won't need to pay a cancellation fee. We'll sort out the billing so they aren't charged and they can contact us if they have any questions.
- When you report the damage to us, let us know you have upcoming bookings so that we can cancel them and make sure the borrowers aren't charged.
Damage must be reported within 42 days
It's important to check your car regularly and report any new damage to us as soon as you can. If the damage occurred more than 42 days ago, we won't assist with investigating who is responsible or recovering repair costs.
If your car is on our Instant Keys Plus+ or legacy $60/month plan and you'd like to have the damage repaired, you'll need to pay your Damage Cover Liability amount of $500. If you'd like to recover that cost from the responsible Borrower, you can check the photos Borrowers upload before and after each trip to determine when the damage occurred and contact the responsible Borrower yourself.
If your car is on our Instant Keys or Key Handover plan, your car is only covered by our insurance during bookings so damage reported more than 42 days after it occurred won't be covered. You'll need to speak to your insurer (if you have your own comprehensive policy) and manage the claim directly with them.