Having a clear and attractive photo for your car's profile will help make your car more appealing to Borrowers. You can upload a new photo for your car's profile at any time through the website.
If you're on our Instant Keys plan, our installer will have taken a photo when your car first joined the platform, but if you have some time you can probably take a better one. If you're on our Key Handover plan, we can upload a generic photo to get you started but you should replace it with a photo of your car as soon as possible.
Uploading a new profile photo for your car
You can upload a new profile photo for your car through the website at any time. You can't do this through the app yet.
- Log in to the website (not app)
- Go to Cars > Manage car > Edit profile > Photos
- Click 'Select photo' and choose the photo file you'd like to use, or drag and drop the photo file into the blue box
- Click upload
This will replace your car's current photo. You can only have one photo for your car at this stage.
Tips for taking a great photo
- Take the photo from the front of the car at a 45° angle
- Take the photo far enough back that there is an equal "border" on all four sides
- Hold the camera about waist-high so you're not "looking down" on the car
- The best lighting is early-mid morning and late afternoon on a clear day (the sun is too bright midday)
- Try to avoid having other cars, rubbish bins, or other objects in the photo
- See some examples of good photos in this blog post on taking a great car profile photo