Advertising your car on Facebook Marketplace could help get the word out to people near you.
Log in to Facebook and select Marketplace, which you can find on the left hand side of your screen on desktop. On your mobile, the same symbol will be at the top or bottom of the screen.
Select the option “+ Sell Something”
On your mobile the button will simply say “Sell”
Fill out the details of your car.
What are you selling: We would suggest you write something like "Hire my (car make and model) (transmission) in (suburb)" e.g. 'Hire my Mazda 2 manual in Paddington'
Price: Set the hourly or daily rate (if your car has peak rates set, use your base rates and make sure you clarify in the description - e.g. 'From $7/hour or $15/day')
Location: Enter the suburb your car is located
Category: From the dropdown, select the “Cars, vans & motorcycles” option.
Photos: You can add multiple pictures of your car.
Describe your item
We’ve provided some sample text you can use to describe your car. Just make sure to replace the capitalised words with details of your car.
Example Facebook Marketplace Description
Rent my CAR MAKE AND MODEL in SUBURB.
Price: $X/hour or $X/day + XXc/km. The per kilometre charge includes petrol, damage protection and 24/7 RACV roadside assistance.
To borrow it, go to the Car Next Door website, sign up and book my car!
My car is covered by Car Next Door's damage protection, so I can't rent it outside the platform or it won't be covered. Sorry!
To rent my car:
- Join Car Next Door for free: It takes about five minutes to join, and up to three business hours (7 days a week) for your account to be approved.
- Find my car: Look for cars in SUBURB to find mine.
- Book my car: You can look at my car’s calendar to see when it’s free to borrow. You don’t need to message me on here to book, you can do it instantly all through the website or app.
- Pick it up! When it’s time for your booking, the Car Next Door app will give you all the instructions you need to pick up the car.
- Return it: When your booking ends, follow the instructions in the app to park the car and return the key.
Hit 'Post'. Your car is now advertised on Facebook Marketplace!