If you're selling your car and the new Owner would like to keep renting it out, we can transfer the car to the new Owner's name. There shouldn't be a need to uninstall and reinstall the car.
Transferring the car the new Owner's name will wipe all previous review, trip count and billing history. The new Owner will be creating a brand new listing for the car.
There are just a few things you, the car's new owner and Car Next Door need to do to transfer a car to another Owner's account.
- The new owner needs to sign up as a Car Next Door member if they aren't already (they can be a Borrower or an Owner member)
- The current owner needs to submit a notice to stop sharing
- We'll call the current owner to get the process started - you'll need to let us know the new owner's name and Car Next Door Member ID
- Once we've delisted the car for the current owner, both the new owner and the current owner will get an email confirming this step is complete
- This email will give the new owner the instructions to create a new listing for the car in their name
- We'll contact the new owner to make sure their situation is suitable for sharing the car on Car Next Door and answer any questions they have about how it works
- We'll transfer the in-car technology over to the new owner's account - there shouldn't be a need to uninstall and reinstall the car
- Before the car can be listed under the new owner's name, they'll need to complete the car's profile and parking instructions, and take and upload a series of photos of the car for the initial condition report
- Once all these steps are complete, the car will be available for bookings under the new owner's name within a few business hours