Your car needs to be manufactured no earlier than 2001, have fewer than 400,000 kms on the clock and be in reasonable condition. A few scratches and marks are totally fine, but it has to be running well. If you're thinking of buying a car to rent out, make sure to get in touch with us first to confirm its eligibility.
Your car should be parked full-time in one of our Target Suburbs. These are updated very regularly as we grow, so don't forget to check back. If you live outside a Target Suburb at the moment and your car is 100% available to share, you may want to park your car closer to a central location.
To list a car, you'll need to meet the eligibility criteria for members.
Your car must:
- be well maintained
- be manufactured no earlier than 2001
- have driven fewer than 400,000 kms
- have a value of less than $40,000 if listed in Victoria, or $50,000 in other states - in addition, if the car's value is over $25,000 in Victoria, or $30,000 in other states, you will need to have a secure location away from the car where the Lockbox can be attached.
- not have been altered in a way that materially changes the performance, appearance or purpose of the vehicle (although we may accept modified cars on a case-by-case basis)
- have a power rating of less than 200 kilowatts (250 kilowatts for 4WDs)
- have seating for no more than 12 passengers
- be a private passenger vehicle with four wheels
Vehicles which are ineligible for sharing
The following vehicle types are not eligible for sharing:
- Box trucks
- Construction equipment
- Farm equipment
- GEM or similar vehicles not designed for highway use
- Passenger vans that seat more than twelve people
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) or campervans
- Vehicles designed primarily for off-road use
The following makes and models are not eligible for sharing:
- Toyota GT86
- Subaru WRX, BRZ
- Ford Mustang
- Audi - any RS model, S3, S4, S6
- BMW 335i-M,140i-M, M3, M4, M5
- Chrysler 300c V8
- Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint and XR8
- Holden with HSV or SS badge, Clubsport
- Kia Stinger
- Hyundai I30N
The following vehicles may be accepted on a case-by-case basis, but special security requirements will apply:
- Porsche Boxster or Cayman
- Mercedes with AMG badge
- Jeep with SRT badge
To make renting your car out as easy as possible, we recommend:
- your car is registered in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Australian Capital Territory, Western Australia or Tasmania
- you are not actively selling your vehicle at the time of listing
- you have a spare key for your car
If your car doesn't meet these recommendations, please let us know when we call to discuss your application.
Get your car earning for you now!
List your car on the Car Next Door platform