Your car needs to be manufactured no earlier than 2001*, have fewer than 300,000 kms* on the clock and be in reasonable condition. A few scratches and marks are totally fine, but it has to be running well.
Your car should be parked full-time in one of our Target Suburbs. These are updated very regularly as we grow, so don't forget to check back. If you live outside a Target Suburb at the moment and your car is 100% available to share, you may want to park your car closer to a central location.
You'll need to meet the eligibility criteria for members.
Your car must:
- be well maintained
- be manufactured no earlier than 2001
- have driven fewer than 300,000 kms*
- have a value of less than $50,000
- not have been altered in a way that materially changes the performance, appearance or purpose of the vehicle (although we may accept modified cars on a case-by-case basis)
- have seating for no more than 8 passengers
- be a private passenger vehicle with four wheels
To make renting your car out as easy as possible, we recommend:
- your car is registered in New South Wales, Victoria or Queensland
- you are not actively selling your vehicle at the time of listing
- your car is available for borrowers to access at all times (ie not parked in a locked up garage) - see I live in an apartment with a locked garage. Can I share my car? for more info.
If your car doesn't meet these recommendations, please let us know when we call to discuss your application.
Get your car earning for you now!
List your car on the Car Next Door platform
*If your car doesn't quite fit one or both of these criteria but you're sure of its mechanical reliability, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org