You can block out your car for your own use - either as a one-off or recurring weekly blockout - through the website or app.
Your car's calendar shows when your car has bookings, when it's available and when it's blocked out for your own use. Any time that you have not blocked out is available for Borrowers to book instantly.
Blocking out your car through the calendar
- Log in and go to Cars > Manage car > Calendar to see your calendar
- Drag and drop in the calendar for the times you need your car OR enter the start and end times
- To block out your car for the same time every week, tick the 'Repeat weekly' box
- Click 'Add new blockout'
- Log in and go to Cars > Calendar
- Tap the '+' symbol in the top right corner
- Enter the start and end times
- To block out your car for the same time every week, select 'Weekly' from the 'Repeat' dropdown menu
- Tap 'Save'
Creating a quick blockout
If you're about to jump in your car, you can create a quick blockout in just a few taps.
- Log in to the app or website
- Go to 'Cars'
- Select 'Quick blockout'
- Choose to block out your car for 1 hour, 3 hours, 24 hours, or a custom time
Setting pick-up and drop-off blocks (Key Handover only)
If you're on our Key Handover plan, you can also set times that you're unavailable to meet borrowers and hand over the keys. Do this through the website as you would block out the car for your own use - just select 'make unavailable for pick-up' first.
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door