Having a clear and accurate profile will help make your car stand out. You can update your car's profile at any time through the website or app.
Your car's profile is what borrowers see when they are looking for a car to book. Here they can see a photo and description of your car and its features. Filling out your car's profile doesn't take long, but it's one of the most effective ways to make your car stand out and get more bookings.
Updating your car's profile
- Log in and go to Cars > Manage car > Listing on the website, or to Cars > Profile on the app
- Fill out the 'Description' section with a few sentences describing your car and its best features – this is what borrowers see before they book your car
- In the 'Features' section tick, any features your car has, including if you're happy for borrowers to transport pets in your car
- In the 'Cargo dimensions' section, add the dimensions of the storage space available (if applicable).
- In the 'Car details' section, make sure the number of doors and seats, fuel type and body type are correct. If you have a taller vehicle, add in the total external height so borrowers can know if your car will fit in their covered parking area.
- Click 'Save changes'
Any quirks or special features borrowers need to know (like how to adjust the mirrors or open the fuel cap) can be entered in the Car Manual section in the left-hand menu.
- Have fun with your car's public description! Borrowers like to know that it's a real person's car, and giving it a fun description helps to show that your car is loved
- Make sure you've selected all the relevant features – borrowers can filter their search by features, so including all the relevant ones will mean your car shows up in more search results
- Anytime you get a question from a borrower, consider adding the information to your description or important instructions – this will help future borrowers find the information they need without needing to contact you
- Add a great profile photo to really make your car stand out
- Add a profile photo of yourself to build a sense of connection with borrowers and remind them they'll be driving a real person's car
- Specify how many seats your car has – if your car has child seats you don't want removed, choose the number of seats adults can occupy
- Don't forget to also write clear parking instructions and nominate a back-up contact
- When you're done, click 'View profile' at the top of page to see how your profile looks to borrowers
Borrowers often want to know whether your car will fit their gear, before they book. This is critical for vans and utes (vans and utes that show their dimensions in the description get 30% more bookings than those without), but you’d be surprised how many people also rent regular cars to pick up purchases or move things!
You can easily find the measurements by going to carsales.com.au, searching for your make, model, and year, then clicking on Specification > Dimensions & Weights, and looking for "Load length", "Load width" etc.
Here is an example of a van's dimensions:
Maximum load length: 2.37m
Maximum load height: 1.34m
Maximum load width: 1.62m
Load volume: 4.3 cubic metres
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door