When you rent your car out through Car Next Door, you pay a monthly membership fee of $60 per car. This replaces your current comprehensive insurance.
For most people, the membership fee is the same as or less than what they were paying for their comprehensive insurance previously.
Your membership fee covers:
- your comprehensive car insurance;
- 24-hour roadside assistance;
- the installation and use of the in-car technology that lets you rent your car out;
- use of our online platform to manage your car's availability and bookings;
- support around the clock from our friendly, local team if you or a Borrower need help;
- local marketing for your car;
- processing of payments, fuel, tolls and any fines; and
- protection against the risk of non-payment.
- Heavyweight borrowing benefits, so you can borrow from our fleet of over 1400 cars, vans and utes with no booking fees and a low $500 Damage Cover Liability (insurance excess)
We don't make any profit from your membership fees. In fact, this money doesn't cover our costs of having your car on the platform.
We subsidise these costs because we want to get your car up and running. We don't make any money until you do. In addition to the monthly membership fee, Car Next Door retains a share of your car's income. (See Why does Car Next Door take a share of my income?)
Get your car earning for you now. Learn how easy it is to rent your car here!
List your car on the Car Next Door platform