If you need to fill up during a trip, pay for fuel yourself and ask for a tax invoice. Upload a clear photo of the tax invoice through the app. This amount will be credited towards the final cost of your trip and any extra will be refunded.
- Select your trip in the app and tap 'Fuel refunds'
- Note what type of fuel the car takes
- Fill up and pay using your own money
- Ask for a tax invoice - make sure it includes:
- the words 'Tax invoice'
- type of fuel purchased
- how many litres you purchased
- cost per litre
- how much you paid in total
- time and date of purchase
- the name and ABN of the petrol station
- Upload a clear photo of the tax invoice
We'll process your refund request and credit the amount you spent on fuel towards the final cost for this trip. If you spent more on fuel than the final trip cost, we'll refund the balance to your Car Next Door account. It will then be refunded to your card within a few days, or you can withdraw it back to your credit or debit card anytime.
You can also upload the tax invoice after your trip through the app or website, but you must do so within 3 months of the date of purchase.
If you didn't get a tax invoice or have lost or damaged the tax invoice, you can contact the petrol station and ask them to reprint it or email you a copy.
You must return the car with at least 1/4 of a tank of fuel (or plugged in at the end of the trip if it's an eclectic vehicle). Fees apply.
What about Electric Vehicles?
The same process applies to recharging an electric vehicle - if you paid to recharge, just submit your tax invoice for reimbursement via the app.