You can extend your trip through the app, provided no one else has booked the car for that time and your trip hasn't already ended.
To extend a trip
- Log in to the app and hit 'Change trip'
- Enter your new return time to see if the car is available
- Click to pay and confirm the changes
Your card will be charged for the extra time and extension fee (if any) right away.
Always extend if you are running late
To ensure that things run smoothly and to ensure your insurance cover continues, it is important to return the car on time.
If you realise you’re running late, you can extend your trip easily by logging in to our app. A small extension fee may apply.
In some cases, the Owner or another member will be waiting to use the car right after your trip and it won’t be possible to extend. If you put someone out, they may have to catch a taxi or switch cars.
If you are late in returning a car, and you have not extended your trip (including where you can not extend because another member has booked the car), then:
- a late fee will apply (in addition to the extra trip costs) as set out in the Fee Schedule
- if you are more than 2 hours late, you will no longer be covered by insurance