All cars listed with Car Next Door are covered by 24/7 Roadside Assistance from RACV. If you're currently in a booking or the Owner of a car on the Instant Keys Plus+ or legacy $60/month plan, you'll find roadside assistance details in the website and app.
Roadside Assistance is available to Borrowers in a current trip and Owners on the Instant Keys Plus+ or legacy $60/month plan.
Roadside Assist will come to your car (usually within an hour) to help in the case of a breakdown, flat tyre, dead battery, accident, locked-in keys or any other disabling car problem.
If you need Roadside Assist
- call us on (02) 8035 8000 to let us know
- call RACV 24-hour Roadside Assistance - you'll find their details in the website.
- If you are in New South Wales, Queensland, ACT or Western Australia, RACV will put you through to NRMA, RACQ or RACWA. Before they do, ask the RACV operator to speak to NRMA, RACQ or RACWA first to confirm that the car is covered under our RACV membership. If they don’t, you may need to call RACV back and ask that they speak to the NRMA, RACQ or RACWA operator before transferring you.
- If you have any issues getting roadside assistance to attend, please call us right away so we can help.
- The Car Next Door account has authorisation for batteries to be provided on our account. You do not have to pay for batteries on the spot.
- If the car is not on the system for any reason, we have an agreement that it will be covered. Please call Car Next Door if you have any issues.
- You will need to wait with the car until Roadside Assistance arrives
Roadside Assist plan inclusions
- 24/7 mechanical assessment nationwide
- Flat battery and battery replacement (however Owners need to pay for the cost of a new battery if one is required)
- Lost, locked-in or damaged key assistance
- Tyre changing help (however, you'll need to fix or replace the flat tyre before returning the car to the owner - see these instructions)
- Towing - please call us if the car needs to be towed so we can advise where it should be towed to
- NSW/ACT - metro up to 20km, regional to nearest service centre
- VIC - metro up to 30km, regional to nearest service centre
- QLD - metro up to 10km, regional up to 40km round trip
- WA - metro up to 10km, regional up to 80km round trip
Tip for car borrowers
Out-of-town breakdowns are very rare, but to protect yourself against any loss or cost in the event that a car you have booked breaks down while you’re a long way from home, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance. We will do all we can to help you get back on the road in these circumstances, but we won’t provide compensation.