All Car Next Door members have a personal invite code to share with friends, family and people in your community. If anyone uses your invite code, they'll get $15 credit to try us and you'll get $15 credit if they do. This allows you to invite others to join and try Car Next Door and get rewarded for spreading the word. There are do’s and don'ts regarding how to use your referral code – see below.
Every time a new member uses your code, they’ll receive $15 credit. New borrowers receive $15 driving credit towards their first trip, which has a 3-month expiry. New owners who list their car within 30 days of signing up will receive $15 bonus income in their first month.
If someone who uses your code takes a trip, or lists their car within 30 days of signing up, you’ll receive $15 driving credit, or $15 bonus income if you have a car listed on the platform. You’ll continue to receive this for each new member, up to a maximum of 5 referral credits per month, and a maximum of 300 lifetime referrals*.
Driving credits expire after 3 months
So if you give or receive driving credits make sure you or the person you’ve invited use it before it expires.
Sharing your invite code
You can share your personal invite code:
- via email, phone and social media - e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin
- with friends and family
If you're a car owner:
- share your code in your community by creating a Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace listing for car, ute or van rental in your suburb: follow this guide to create the perfect Gumtree listing
- include your invite code when you distribute flyers or put up posters on community notice boards for your car: here's a useful template
Fair Use Policy for invite codes
The invite codes are intended to reward members for helping to spread the word about Car Next Door by word of mouth and other activity in their local community. They shouldn’t be used in a way that conflicts with Car Next Door’s own marketing.
- publish your invite code or invite link on your car’s listing or description on the Car Next Door site.
- publish or place your invite code on any website that includes the words “Car Next Door Promo (or ‘referral’ or ‘invite’ or similar) Code”
- publish your invite code on coupon or discount websites
- carry out any activity that competes with Car Next Door’s own marketing efforts (like advertising using “Car Next Door” as a keyword or advertisements posing as Car Next Door)
- spam people with invitations. This includes mass emailing, texting or messaging people you don’t know using automated systems or bots through any channel
Car Next Door reserves the right to cancel invite codes if, in our reasonable opinion, a member is not following this fair use policy.
*If you’re keen to raise awareness of Car Next Door and invite more than 5 people each month or 300 people in total, please email email@example.com to let us know about your ideas and request an increase to your limit.
I’m a car owner – why should I invite others to list a car?
More cars means more bookings for you!
We've found that when we set up cars in a new suburb, the more cars there are in a cluster, the more bookings each of those cars receive.
The number of borrowers in an area grows exponentially in relation to the number of cars. If a car is solo in an area, it only takes one booking to eliminate the supply for other borrowers. So a cluster of cars makes the supply more reliable, and hence attracts more return borrowers.
We are putting on more cars every week. This will result in more marketing activity, which results in more borrower applications and more bookings on your car.
You can help to grow the car-sharing community (and your car's activity) by telling your car-owning friends and neighbours about Car Next Door.