To cancel a Borrower's booking on your car, select the relevant booking from your car's Bookings page in the website and click 'Cancel this booking'. You may be charged a cancellation fee to compensate the Borrower for the inconvenience.
When you rent your car out through Car Next Door, it’s available for Borrowers to book instantly at the times when you’re not using it. For this system to work, Borrowers need to have confidence that their booking is firm and that they will not be left without transport if you suddenly change your plans.
If you cancel a booking, then:
- the Borrower will be annoyed and unlikely to book your car again
- we may charge you in order to help compensate the Borrower for the inconvenience and for finding alternative transport (up to $40)
Cancelling a booking
- Log in to the website
- Go to Cars > Manage this car > Bookings
- Select the booking you would like to cancel
- Click 'Cancel this booking'
- Follow the prompts to confirm you'd like to cancel
Fees can apply for cancelling a booking, so avoid double-booking with a Borrower by always blocking out your car when you need it. If you do need your car when it's booked by a Borrower, consider using public transport or borrowing another local car instead.
The following fees apply to bookings cancelled by Owners, including where the Owner fails to make their car or key available for a booking. These fees are passed on in full to the Borrower to make up for the inconvenience.
|More than 48 hours from trip start||$20|
|Less than 48 hours from trip start||$40|
|Bookings longer than 7 days or made more than 7 days in advance||No cancellation fee provided you cancel within 12 hours of receiving the booking|
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door