To cancel a Borrower's booking on your car, you'll need to contact us by phone or live chat and let us know why you need to cancel the booking. We may charge you $100 to cover our costs of finding alternative transport for the Borrower.
When you rent your car out through Car Next Door, it’s available for Borrowers to book instantly at the times when you’re not using it. For this system to work, Borrowers need to have confidence that their booking is firm and that they will not be left without transport if you suddenly change your plans.
If you cancel a booking, then:
- the Borrower will be annoyed and unlikely to book your car again
- we will try to find alternative transport for the Borrower
- we may charge you in order to help compensate the Borrower for the inconvenience and for finding alternative transport (up to $100)
Fees can apply for cancelling a booking, so avoid double-booking with a Borrower by always blocking out your car when you need it. If you do need your car when it's booked by a Borrower, consider using public transport or borrowing another local car instead.
Bookings made far in advance or for a long time
If a Borrower:
- books a trip that commences further than one week ahead; or
- books your car for more than seven consecutive days;
- you contact Car Next Door to cancel the booking within 24 hours of receiving the booking;
then you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door