When the card will arrive
You will receive your fuel card in the post 1-3 weeks after your car's 'go live' date. In the meantime, borrowers can pay for the petrol and they will be reimbursed. The fuel card is only for borrowers to use - owners don't have access to the PIN.
Our installer will have left a fuel card paddle in your car (probably in the glove box) when they installed the technology. The fuel card gets attached to the paddle to make sure it doesn't get misplaced, or a borrower doesn't put it in their pocket and accidentally walk away with it.
What to do when the card arrives
- Remove and ignore the red sticker on the fuel card (the PIN does not need to be activated).
- Peel back paper strip on paddle to reveal sticky tape.
- Position the fuel card, ensuring that it is square to the paddle, and the bottom only just covers the sticky tape.
(NOTE: the card needs to be able to swipe in the card machine whilst attached to the paddle)
- Press the card onto the sticky tape until it is firmly stuck.
- Put in glovebox for the borrowers.
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door