If you're moving house, or parking your car in a different part of town for at least a month, you'll need to update your car's homezone so Borrowers get the right information to pick up and return your car. You can do this through the website or app.
You can only have one homezone
Each car can only have one homezone. This means you can't list your car both at home and at work, for example. Set your homezone at the place you keep your car most often and remember to block it out when you need to drive it somewhere else.
Changing your car's homezone
- Log in to the website and go to Cars > Manage car > Edit profile > Parking, or log in to the app and go to Cars > Parking
- Enter the new details under 'Schedule a location change'
- Enter the address of the ideal park for your car - make sure it's an address with unrestricted parking
- Update the parking instructions for the new location
- Enter the date from when your car will be at the new location
- Click 'schedule change'
If you have a lockbox that's attached to your property, you'll need to generate a shackle code to move it and install it at your new house.
If your homezone address has moved more than 500m from your previous address, we will need to cancel any bookings that are affected by the move.
If possible, please schedule this location change at least five days before your car will be moving. This gives us time to cancel any upcoming bookings and help the Borrowers find new cars if necessary.
Your car will need to be at its new homezone for at least a month. Otherwise just block out your car for the time it will be away from home.
Interested in renting out your car? Get your car earning money for you now!
List your car on Car Next Door