Cancelling or changing a trip
- Log in to the app or website
- Go to 'Trips'
- Find the trip (or trip request) you wish to cancel
- Click 'Trip details' in the website or tap on the trip in the app
- Click 'Cancel trip' OR click 'Change trip' and enter the new times you need the car
If the change books the car for any period of time you have not already booked (for example if you're returning it an hour later, or moving it an hour earlier), you'll be charged for this extra time at the time you make the change.
Fees for cancelling or changing a trip
You may pay a small fee each time you extend your trip past its end time. If you reduce the length of your trip, and later extend it again, an extension fee may apply even if the change only returns the booking to the original time.
Fees may apply for cancelling or changing a confirmed trip. These fees compensate the car's owner for the fact that they may have missed out on another booking, or made other travel arrangements for themselves. No fees apply for cancelling or changing a trip request, but once your account is verified and your booking is confirmed fees may apply.
If you change the time of your trip, all or part of your original trip will be treated as cancelled and fees may apply. For example:
- You book a car from 1pm to 2pm
- You change your plans and decide to move your trip an hour later, from 2pm to 3pm
- The 1pm to 2pm time of your original booking will be treated as cancelled and fees may apply
All time booked is paid for in advance at the time you make the booking. If the trip ends up being shorter than booked or cancelled, normal unused time and cancelled time fees will be deducted from this pre-payment. Any amounts leftover will be refunded to your Car Next Door account. They'll be refunded to your card within a few days, or you can refund them to your card yourself if you need the funds sooner.